Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fused glass vase mystery!


 unnamed, unknown artist, 12.75" x 6.25"-4.5", fused glass

This fused glass vase came from the same estate as the fused glass sculpture shown in my last blog entry.  Like the other piece, this one is not signed. My guess is that this is not a mass produced piece, as it has a domed shaped grind on the bottom, possibly where a pontil was removed. It seems to be a fairly complex piece as the part of the vase that bears the design is encased in clear glass. Other than that I have no clues about the maker and origins of this piece. One person I showed it to speculated that the artist may have made their mark in the decorative design. If so, I have not been able to identify it. Just hoping someone out there is familiar with this artist's work. He'p me!


No comments:

Post a Comment