Friday, February 25, 2011

J. Hutson, New England Artist?

"A Fall Spectacular", J. Huston, 2.5" x 3.5", acrylic, 2010

    I am generally not a fan of miniature or ACEO-type paintings, but this one was very nicely framed and matted, and as a package, quite striking. It is signed, titled and dated, verso. I like Fall scenes and this one is very well done, with lots of detail and nice use of light and shadow. Unfortunately, I cannot find out anything about the artist. Any help would be appreciated. I purchased this from a dealer in Ipswich, Massachusetts, so this may be a New England artist.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Eddie Cantu for identifying this artist!


    "Hope you are having a wonderful 2017. I thought I would take a trip through your wonderful collection and decided on the unknowns for a change of scenery (pun intended). Anyway, I too liked the fall scene so did a quick search and found your artist. She is from Dennison, OH and her name is Joan Hutson. She goes by the sellers name on ebay of applejoan and has several paintings listed. I am including a link to one of them incase you might want to take a look. It is of a buffalo on the range.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aceo-original-acrylic-painting-Grazing-Buffalo-by-J-Hutson-/162356439045?hash=item25cd32a805:g:ANkAAOSwImRYeFQ1

    In case the link doesn't work the title is Aceo original acrylic painting "Grazing Buffalo" by J. Hutson

    Thanks again for sharing your collection. I always enjoy viewing it. Until next time stay well and happy collecting. A fan

    Eddie"

    ReplyDelete