Tuesday, February 22, 2011

R. D. Montford Canadian Artist? UK artist? Irish artist?

unnamed, R. D. Montford, 4" x 5", oil

I purchased these two small, similarly framed, paintings on ebay from a seller in London, Ontario, Canada. One is signed "Montford" and the other is unsigned but a notation on the back reads "R. D. Montford". 

unnamed, R. D. Montford, 4" x 5", oil

These are nicely painted, though my poor images don't show that. I will eventually have better images on my web site. I did find mention of a UK or Irish artist named Rosemary Montford, but was not able to find an example of her signature. These were nicely presented in similar frames so apparently well thought of by someone. Any help in identifying this artist, or eliminating Rosemary Montford as as suspect, would be appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment